Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Feets Don't Fail Me Now

....at least I hope my feets didn't fail me back there in Buffalo.... I just got home from taking my Step 3.... finally! after rescheduling it four times and postponing it for three extra months.... well, 16 hours divided into two days later, and I'm hoping that it was my very last USMLE ever....

I began my USMLE journey two years ago in Atlanta where I took the Step 2 CS exam.... right after that exam, I payed a courtesy call to the Atlanta cathedral and was freaked out when I learned that it was called the "Cathedral of Christ the King".... this freaked me out because just a few months earlier, I had ended my Canadian exam journey in Hamilton with a similarly immediate courtesy call to that city's cathedral.... you guessed it, it was also the "Cathedral of Christ the King".... I used to believe that everything happens for a reason, so I took it as a sign that Providence was at work in my life.... I have since convinced myself of the randomness of the things that happen to us in this life.... sometimes a coincidence is just a coincidence.... sometimes serendipitous (shrug), but coincidental nonetheless....

Living with my logical hemisphere in charge has sucked the poetry out of my life though.... I was happier believing in the existence of small miracles.... it gave me comfort to make some semblance of sense out of the meaninglessness of all the randomness around me..... I guess the human species has been making up stories and rituals to explain and control the world around him since Homo neanderthalensis buried his dead with flowers?.... several evolutionary steps later, and here I am, Homo sapiens, still seeking to find meaning in the minutiae of my existence....

So anyways, right after my exam, I set my GPS to find the nearest Tops Friendly Market to buy some Hawaiian bread for my mom... Tops never stops saving you more after all, Tops never stops.... at least that's what the song says.... unfortunately, Tops stopped at four bags of Hawaiian bread.... but this piece of minutiae isn't my point.... my point is that on my way to find Tops, just a few hundred yards away from the exam center, I passed by a little church and school called.... "Christ the King".... I tried to ignore it at first, but I ended up turning the car around so I could formally close my USMLE journey with a courtesy call with Christ my King....

So the sun sets on another chapter of my existence.... faith, don't fail me now.....
from the Tops parking lot....

Buffalo Sunset 06i
and the US-Canada border....
Buffalo Sunset 10
totus tuus ego sum Domine

TECHNORATI TAGS: ,
WHERE'D THIS HAPPEN?: mapquest it

9 comments:

haze said...

God indeed moves in a mysterious way...I also believe that everything around us happen for a reason and that there is a message in between. We just need to listen...sometimes we are too much occupied of the things happening around us that we forget to discern clearly HIS message !

Happy Easter to you Angelo! Photos are just fantastic ;) !

Angelo said...

Salut Haze! So I guess you don't think it's just a coincidence that I ended my US exam process as I began it with "CTK", just like I ended my Canadian exam period too? Sometimes I wonder if I'm always just seeing something that's not really there? I had no plans of visiting any church or cathedral this time round, but there it was right near where I took my exam. Am I hallucinating or is that weird? Anyways, I interpreted it as a message that I need to just relax coz I'm starting to develop an anxiety disorder or something....

Happy Easter et merci!

haze said...

Lol on that anxiety problem, forget about it ! Am sure you deserve to have all them because I always believe that good things happen to good people :D ! And if you did work hard and believe you will have them then have faith...HE is listening. ;)

ghee said...

Hi Pom!!

serendipity and coincidental things happen eh?although I do believe that God has plans for everyone and everything around us.maybe that`s another sign for you...another message of God.

it`s good that you had finally finished your exams,Angelo!I thought you didn`t receive the texts I sent you,now I knew that you did and it`s kewl! :D

my lappie is ok now.^_^ it`s good to be back and read your update.

I luv the first pic...what are those "whitish thing" behind the smoke?are they clouds or light?it actually looks like a "path to heaven"?geezzz....it fits for the Holy Season!

I hope you are doin good out there,Pom!
send my hugs to Nermal!!

Angelo said...

Haze: Thanks Haze, I hope you're right :) I'll try to just relax and have faith, thanks for your words. bon courage toujours!

Ghee: Thanks Ghee, I feel so relieved, like my life can move forward again. I can't believe you didn't get my text, my fon really sucks. I'm glad to hear that your laptop is okay now, it so hard not to have internet access I don't know what we ever did before the internet.

hmmm... I think those are clouds? I never really noticed them, but both pics have them... maybe a plane left a contrail or something... but I like your perspective :)

Hope you are doing great too Ghee, Nermal says purrr :)

Anonymous said...

hello,
tnx for the visit and leaving a comment ;)
about the anxiety problem.....forget about it ,relax aand go have some fun!

eden

Gina said...

Happy Easter to you Angelo.

Finally, you wrapped 'it' up.

Wishing you success.

Puss-in-Boots said...

Well, you know, Angelo, I believe everything happens for a reason. I also think the Christ the King Church thing is a message to you, acknowledging your renewed faith. There are messages from God all around is if we just look...and I think that was one of them.

Congratulations on finishing your opus magnum, too. It must have been hard work for you.

Big hugs to both you and that rascal, Nermal.

Angelo said...

Eden: Thanks Eden, I'll do that! :)

Gina: Thank you Gina, Happy Easter to you :)

Puss-in-Boots: Thank you Robyn. I needed to hear that, said exactly as you said it. I'll take that message and roll with it. Thank you and a Happy Easter to you.

"opus magnum" I like that! it was hard, but who ever said life or anything worthwhile was easy, right? Nermal and I say thanks and send you, Mitzi and Bella lots of purrs and nudges :)