Sunday, August 13, 2006

Protest

That was the scene as I made my way to the study center today..... as I approached the building I realized that the entrance was blocked off and surrounded by police..... I spoke to an officer and she instructed me to go around to the back, where they asked for two pieces of ID...... when I got to the lobby I was shocked to see about a dozen officers in riot gear and another dozen guarding the front doors......that's what happens when you share a building with the Israeli Consulate..... as you can see there was a small contingent of pro-Israel people..... But they were grossly outnumber by the Anti-Israel contingent......sorry for the poor quality of the picture but I took it from the window at the study center and I couldn't fit them all in the shot...... I made out Palestinian and Lebanese flags, pictures of Hezbollah leader Nasrallah, but Mohawk flags too?? I'm not too sure what that was all about, but I didn't really stick around to listen coz I needed to study..... the whole situation in the Middle East is so complicated that I really need to sit down and STUDY all the information from both sides before I can really decide where I stand on the issues, but I don't have time for all of that right now..... it seems that the problems in that region have existed since biblical times, and this recent skirmish has just made an already complicated situation even worse..... I don't really believe that the problems there will ever be resolved..... but I pray that at the very least, the UN resolution will stick on Monday.....

No comments: