Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving Santa et al.

I bumped into Santa Claus on his annual Thanksgiving day visit to New York City.... In New York he arrives on a big swan... I never knew there were swans in the North Pole, but hey this is New York.... anything is possible here.... It was my first American Thanksgiving, so I decided to check out the tail end of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, before heading to my aunt's for Thanksgiving lunch... thanks for reminding me about it Leah, it was much more crowded than our parade.... I wanted to finally see the huge ass balloons in person though, and I wasn't disappointed....Whoaw Horton, you're huge.....Mamma Mia, dats a bigga candy cane....Sorry that's the best of what I got on film, next year I'll try to catch the whole thing... ya right....

For my first American Thanksgiving I'm thankful for old friends and new....
Family.... old and new.....and brand spanking new....these two are my newest niece and nephew Ava and Jaiden.... we've been waiting for them for a long while now and after years of trying on my cousin's part, they're finally here.... I'm not only thankful for their arrival, but for the successful surgery to correct Jaiden's tetralogy of fallot.... He's only 2 days post-op here, and I'm hoping he'll make a speedy recovery.... please say a prayer for him or send some good vibes in his direction....

I'm thankful for the possibilities when you don't give up, and keep the faith.... and I'm thankful for closed doors and opened windows.... Happy Thanksgiving y'all....

TECHNORATI TAGS:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Angelo that was quite an experience with Santa in New York.

Congrats for your newest niece and nephew. They're sure cute and good-looking little angels...

Happy Thanksgiving...

Anonymous said...

dodongflores: Hey thanks Dodong, Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those pictures from the parade. I wonder where Santa's reindeers are. :)

Are they twins? Surely, I'll pray for Jaiden's speedy recovery.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving! And keep on praying to Him. Remember that nothing's impossible when He's with you.

Anonymous said...

Mel: Thanks Mel, yup they are twins :) And Santa actually did have reindeer, but you gotta zoom the first pic to see them, I was kinda far coz of the crowd. Thanks for your words of advice, I almost forgot that for a while.